Loss Mitigation Reviews
DLS Servicing handles the complex underwriting and insurer/investor waterfall analysis, while your staff focuses on monitoring payment plans and ensuring that workouts are posted timely. Whether your company is new to servicing, or you are looking for assistance with a special segment of your portfolio, DLS Servicing will craft a solution to streamline your servicing platform.
DLS may provide (client customizable):
• Collection of required financial documents from the homeowner
• Reviews of homeowner credit history and financial capability
• Match the homeowner's financial situation to the appropriate Investor/Insurer program to resolve the default
• Preparation of loan modification calculations and template documents in accordance with Investor and Insurer requirements
• Submittal of completed loan reviews to mortgage Insurers for initial approvals (when not delegated)
• Issuance of repayment plan agreements in accordance with client specifications
• Provides fully integrated loan modification and partial claim/subordinate mortgage and notes in recordable format for all jurisdictions nationwide, and integrated calculations for the loan’s eligible option
• Other supportive services as needed to assist our clients with loss mitigation
Additionally, DLS Servicing Consultants offers:
• Per File Pricing
• Compliance analysis of Client processed FHA Loss Mitigation
• Specialization in State Housing Finance Agency portfolios
FHA First Legal Evaluations
Large clients can utilize this service when performing the initial boarding of newly acquired portfolios. DLS Servicing evaluates the past performance of the FHA portfolio and highlights any loans that may have missed a first legal deadline, which would result in a future interest curtailment on a foreclosure claim.
Smaller clients use this service on a monthly basis to add another set of eyes in the monitoring of this critical function.
Short Sales &
Many smaller or specialty Investors want to be apprised of all short sale negotiations, yet most large servicers have geared their operations toward the delegated approval process of the GSEs. By outsourcing the short sale listings, including the monitoring and contract negotiations to DLS Servicing, our larger clients can stay focused on building efficiencies in their GSE portfolio.
Smaller servicers do not generally experience the volume of short sales that allows them to master the art of the short sale negotiation - for the GSEs, or any investor.
To ensure faster settlements, DLS Servicing Short Sales Representatives assist our clients with the following:
• Review financial hardship for preliminary participation approvals
• Acquire and monitor listing agreements-confirming they are priced competitively in the market
• Order Title Searches and Appraisals
• Collaborate with realtors and borrowers on the listing and sale of the home
• Facilitate the removal of liens, judgments, and additional mortgages
• Ensure properties are listed at fair market value
• Coordinate and Negotiate Contract of Sale acceptance with Insurers and Investors on behalf of client, when not delegated
While FHA guidelines does not permit DLS Servicing to handle the negotiations for FHA loans, we can help smaller servicers by reviewing short sale settlement documentation for compliance, prior to settlement.
FHA Part A & B Foreclosure Claims
For servicers with smaller FHA portfolios, filing an FHA claim can be challenging. DLS Servicing Consultants can consult with you through the property eviction, cleanout, and ultimate conveyance process, and then through to the final expense claim. DLS Servicing offers two levels of Claims Filing to satisfy the needs of all our clients:
Standard: Our Standard Foreclosure Claims filing benefits those clients who have larger volumes of foreclosure claims that need to be filed quickly and efficiently. Our knowledgeable Claims Specialists use the documentation provided to file the return based on Insurer requirements and allowances.
Premier: For clients who are less familiar with Insurer guidelines and/or are looking for the maximum claimable amount, DLS Servicing Consultants will dissect every aspect of the foreclosure claim. Our specialists search for unpaid, claimable invoices, coordinate with clients to get them paid, request refunds from venders when needed, and highlight duplicate payments. We ensure our clients avoid unnecesary curtailments, suspensions, and audits - providing assurance that 100% of allowable funds are recovered.